Applications are now closed.
For any questions related to the application, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
LALIFF’s Inclusion Fellowship Series, sponsored by NETFLIX, is an ongoing program focused on building a more inclusive and equitable industry for all members of the Latino community. This year we are doubling the number of fellows and the Fellowship will be awarded to five visionary directors that identify as Indigenous Latino and five visionary directors that identify as Afro Latino.
The ten selected participants will receive $20,000 each and mentorship from industry professionals to complete their films. Completed films will premiere at LALIFF 2022.
For the purpose of this program:
- Indigeous Latino will be defined as any filmmaker living in the United States who self-identifies as Indigenous from a community in a Latin American territory or as Chicano/Xicanx or Mexican Native American.
- Afro Latino will be defined as any filmmaker living in the United States who self-identifies as Afro Latino.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older.
- Applicants must be allowed to work in the United States.
- Professional Merit: Open to emerging filmmakers who have completed at least one short film, have not yet completed a feature film and are ready for the next step in their career.
- Artistic Merit: Have a clear vision of what they want to execute and accomplish, with a powerful voice.
Required Materials for Submission
- Project Treatment
Must include: Working title, Plot synopsis, and, Development
- Must be written in English (although the final film can be in a different language)
- Must be 3 pages or shorter (single space, Arial font)
- Must be for a short film (less than 15 minutes) of any genre
- Must be the original work of the submitter created solely for the purpose of this competition
- Director’s statement
Elaborate on your motive and vision behind your proposal for this fellowship. (Max. 2 pages - Single space, Arial font)
- Identity Statement
Provide a short statement on your connection to your Indigenous Latino or Afro Latino identity and community (max. 300 words)
- Samples of previous work
It can be a director’s reel or excerpts from previous work (Max. 5 minutes)
For any questions related to the application, contact email@example.com.